In this section of Connect, we will include information and updates relating to the Healthier Wigan Partnership.
The Healthier Wigan Partnership is an alliance of health and social care partners with an ambition to transform the way we deliver health and social care in Wigan. Previously known as the Wigan local care organisation, the Healthier Wigan Partnership includes:
- North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Wigan Council
- Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
- Wigan Borough Clinical Commissioning Group
- General Practices
- Wider public health services (including Greater Manchester Police, Department for Work and Pensions, probation, schools, and many others)
As a partnership, we are signed up to ambitions of the Wigan Borough Locality Plan 2020 to 2025, 'Happy, Healthy People'.
What the Healthier Wigan Partnership has done so far…
- What the Healthier Wigan Partnership has done so far…
- Developed a start well service delivery model for children, young people and families
- GP practices working together in places
- Developed a single children and adolescent mental health service
- Introduced integrated community services for adults in the borough to deliver more joined-up health and social care for patients
- Aligned a range of other public services around GP clusters
- Introduced joint commissioning arrangements between the clinical commissioning group and council
For an overview of the Healthier Wigan Partnership, download our presentation.