Our recruitment process
If you've recently submitted an application for a job, you might be wondering what happens next.
If your application for a post has been successful, you will be invited to attend an interview. Your interview confirmation will confirm who your interview is with, the venue and time of the interview and any other information relating to the selection process.
We are passionate about delivering high quality care for our service users and carers which aligns with NHS England's 6Cs – care, compassion, commitment, courage, communication and competence. In fact, we believe the 6Cs don't just apply to our nursing staff but to every member of staff working for our Trust.
With this in mind, most of our interviews include values-based interview questions which link to both the 6Cs and our Trust values. The aim of this style of questions is to find out more about you as an individual and understand how you align with our values to find out if you're suitable for the role. During a values-based interview, you will be asked to provide real life examples as part of your answers. Interviewers may also ask you supplementary questions to find out more about these examples.
Below are examples of Values Based Interview questions:
- What does excellent patient care mean to you? How have you been able to influence this in your role?
- Describe a time when you were concerned about someone who received bad news. How did you support them?
- Tell me about a time you needed to handover important information to a colleague. How did you do this?
- Describe a time you stood up for something you believed was right, even though it was very difficult.
- Using a real life example, explain how you ensure you consistently maintain a high quality of work.
Other selection methods
Depending on the type of role you've applied for, we sometimes use other methods to find out more about you and how you fit with our organisation and the role you're applying for.
These might include a presentation, a written exercise, a role-play or a short case study. For senior or specialist roles, we may also ask you to complete a psychometric test or take part in an assessment day.