Cleaning services are provided 365 days to all inpatient wards and units. Community and external Trust-owned buildings varies throughout the year.
Providing a safe, clean environment is a priority for all healthcare organisations and significantly contributes to minimising the risk of healthcare associated infections and promoting public confidence in the overall cleanliness of the environment.
- Cleaning of inpatient wards and units in line with National Specification for Cleanliness within the NHS April 2007
- Maintaining Cleanliness standards across public areas and non-clinical areas
- Undertake specialist and deep cleans
- Review cleaning schedules and frequencies in line with changes to Estate
- The department works closely with the Infection Control Team, jointly agreeing controlled cleaning procedures and hygiene products
- Recording of cleanliness standards on monthly basis reporting to Infection Control and Prevention Committee / Matron’s report
- Comply with national colour coding
- Maintain sufficient staffing levels to deliver safe service
- Domestic Services cover all trust owned buildings with various rotas to suit the needs to the service
- Supports the yearly Audit and partaking of PLACE (Patient Led Assessments of the Care Environment)
- Ensure sufficient supplies / equipment to deliver service
- Co-ordinate curtain changes across Trust
- COSHH control with cleaning products – all patient wards must have a updated copy of each chemical used
- Method statements for all cleaning processes